The yellow gold Dual Time ref. 2597PRICE ON REQUEST
Extremely rare 18k yellow gold Patek Philippe ref. 2597, manufactured in 1960.
The 1950’s and 1960’s were the golden age of jet flights, with travel times around the globe reduced from days to hours: for the international jet-set, airplanes became the preferred way of traveling.
Patek Philippe patented Louis Cottier's “Time Zone Watch” system in 1958. The calibre 12’’’400 HS (heures sautantes or jumping hours) was an elegant and ingenious movement that allowed travellers and pilots to easily keep track of two separate time zones.
Launched in 1958 Reference 2597 was the very first dual time zone wristwatch created by Patek Philippe.
It was produced in two different series: the first generation model - as the present example - featured an independently adjustable hour hand.
The pushers on the left side of the case are used for advancing or setting back the hour hand in one-hour increments.
The second version, launched in 1962, featured an additional hour hand.
The present yellow gold example is preserved in outstanding condition.
The stunning dial features both subtle raised black enamel indexes and four yellow gold markers at 12, 3, 6 and 9 o’clock position, creating a harmonious and captivating balance on the whole dial surface.
The raised hard enamel Patek Philippe signature is perfectly intact and the subsidiary seconds is gently positioned at 6 o’clock position.
The large 36mm case is beautifully preserved with strong proportions, having hardly been polished.
Accompanied by Patek Philippe Extract from Archives, it definitely represents a historical and eternally refined timepiece.
Case n.: 309xxx
Cal.: Manual, cal. 12-400 HS
Box & Papers: Patek Philippe Extract from the Archives
Manufactured in: 1960
For us, the safe delivery of our important timepieces is of utmost importance. With an established and growing clientele all around the world and years of experience, we offer you a 100% secure delivery wherever you are located. We monitor every single aspect of the shipping process of the watch, until it safely arrives at your doorstep.
Kindly keep in mind:
- We entrust the door-to-door delivery of the timepieces to “Ferrari Logistics”, the worldwide leader in transportation of High-end Jewelry & Watches
- The shipping is insured 100% on the value of the watch
- We personally take care of the packaging of the timepieces, in specialized protective boxes
CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY
All of our timepieces are meticulously examined to guarantee that all of their parts are original. Each watch is delivered with an in-house Certificate of Authenticity, stating all relevant information of the timepiece: description, reference, serial number, special features.
- Items are sent fully insured after receipt of funds.
- We accept payments via wire transfer only.
- In case of returns, the client has 3 days from the day of the receipt to contact us, in order to arrange terms and procedures.
- Refunds are provided only if the watch is returned in the exact same conditions which you received , within 3 working days after inspection of the returned item.