The steel Indirect center seconds ref. 565SOLD
Outstanding and exceedingly rare steel Patek Philippe ref. 565, manufactured in 1945.
First released in 1938 and in production until 1952, reference 565 was the first Patek Philippe large size waterproof timepiece.
Designed for a public with a growing interest in outdoor activities, it featured innovative and enduring qualities as the two piece Taubert case with screw down back for enhanced protection against humidity and dust and an inner soft iron cover to shield the movement against magnetic fields.
Most examples were made in yellow gold, with fewer examples in pink gold and rarely in stainless steel.
Reference 565 was initially available with subsidiary seconds and from 1942 with sweep center seconds.
The first generation of center seconds movements was the legendary caliber 12SC, designed by Victorin Piguet, derived from the better known subsidiary seconds caliber 12'''120.
The present specimen stands out for its amazing condition and its highly coveted and ultra rare attributes.
Powered with caliber 12 SC, is one of the only 10 examples known with indirect center seconds.
The stunning silvered dial features the long "Patek Philippe & Co" signature and it is surrounded by a wonderful “chemin de fer” seconds track.
In addition, it is the second example ever appeared featuring the fine combination of Roman and disc numerals.
Accompanied by the Patek Extract from the Archives confirming the production in 1945 and the subsequent sale in June 1946, it definitely represents a dream watch for refined collectors of important and highly rare vintage timepieces.
Case n.: 629xxx
Mov n.: 846xxx
Calibre: Cal. 12 SC
Papers: Patek Philippe Extract from the Archives
Manufactured in: 1945
For us, the safe delivery of our important timepieces is of utmost importance. With an established and growing clientele all around the world and years of experience, we offer you a 100% secure delivery wherever you are located. We monitor every single aspect of the shipping process of the watch, until it safely arrives at your doorstep.
Kindly keep in mind:
- We entrust the door-to-door delivery of the timepieces to “Ferrari Logistics”, the worldwide leader in transportation of High-end Jewelry & Watches
- The shipping is insured 100% on the value of the watch
- We personally take care of the packaging of the timepieces, in specialized protective boxes
CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY
All of our timepieces are meticulously examined to guarantee that all of their parts are original. Each watch is delivered with an in-house Certificate of Authenticity, stating all relevant information of the timepiece: description, reference, serial number, special features.
- Items are sent fully insured after receipt of funds.
- We accept payments via wire transfer only.
- In case of returns, the client has 3 days from the day of the receipt to contact us, in order to arrange terms and procedures.
- Refunds are provided only if the watch is returned in the exact same conditions which you received , within 3 working days after inspection of the returned item.