The steel Explorer ref. 6150
Very rare and attractive steel Rolex Explorer ref. 6150, manufactured in 1953.
Reference 6150 was introduced in 1952 and it represents one of the greatest classics and a milestone in the entire Rolex history.
Reference 6150 in steel was the very first Rolex to carry an Explorer dial: a black dial with gilt writing featuring strong batons and arabic numerals only at 3, 6, 9 position and mercedes hands.
The “Explorer” writing first appeared on the dial after May 1953 to celebrate the historical expedition of Sir Edmund Hillary and Norgay who reached the summit of Mount Everest.
The present specimen is preserved in excellent overall condition.
The emblematic and unmistakable “ 3-6-9 “ black chapter ring dial is enhanced by the gilt “Explorer” designation and the warm ivory tone of the indexes and the hands, which improve the charme of the whole timepiece.
The dial has aged creating a captivating natural patina and it is enriched by the original Mercedes hands and the gentle lollipop centre second.
The inner back case is stamped IV 53.
It definitely represents a great combination of history, sporty look and elegance.
Case n: 945xxx
Calibre: Automatic, cal. A296
Box & Papers: none
Manufactured in: 1953
For us, the safe delivery of our important timepieces is of utmost importance. With an established and growing clientele all around the world and years of experience, we offer you a 100% secure delivery wherever you are located. We monitor every single aspect of the shipping process of the watch, until it safely arrives at your doorstep.
Kindly keep in mind:
- We entrust the door-to-door delivery of the timepieces to “Ferrari Logistics”, the worldwide leader in transportation of High-end Jewelry & Watches
- The shipping is insured 100% on the value of the watch
- We personally take care of the packaging of the timepieces, in specialized protective boxes
CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY
All of our timepieces are meticulously examined to guarantee that all of their parts are original. Each watch is delivered with an in-house Certificate of Authenticity, stating all relevant information of the timepiece: description, reference, serial number, special features.
- Items are sent fully insured after receipt of funds.
- We accept payments via wire transfer only.
- In case of returns, the client has 3 days from the day of the receipt to contact us, in order to arrange terms and procedures.
- Refunds are provided only if the watch is returned in the exact same conditions which you received , within 3 working days after inspection of the returned item.