The steel Explorer ref. 5500ON HOLD
Extremely rare and charming steel Rolex Explorer ref. 5500, manufactured in 1965.
The Explorer is one of the most popular sports watch models and its popularity has never ceased to increase after Edmund Hillary reached the summit of Mount Everest in 1953 with a Rolex timepiece on his wrist.
Reference 5500 was debuted in late 1950s.
Traditionally, the 5500 corresponded to Rolex’s Air-King line.
For more than a decade, however, Rolex fitted reference 5500 with Explorer dials.
Reference 5500 was fitted with either a “Precision” or “Super Precison” dial, unlike references 1016 and 6610, which featured a 'Superlative Chronometer Officially Certified' dials.
The present 5500 is fitted with a stunning lacquered gilt dial and it features beautiful sunk gilt printings and the “Super Precision” designation.
The luminous of the indexes and the small “Mercedes” hands has aged to a wonderful and charming orange tone.
The inside case-back is stamped 1002.
It definitely represents a wonderful example of understated sporty elegance.
Case n.: 1.3xxxxx
Cal.: Automatic, cal. 1520
Box & Papers: none
Manufactured in: 1965
For us, the safe delivery of our important timepieces is of utmost importance. With an established and growing clientele all around the world and years of experience, we offer you a 100% secure delivery wherever you are located. We monitor every single aspect of the shipping process of the watch, until it safely arrives at your doorstep.
Kindly keep in mind:
- We entrust the door-to-door delivery of the timepieces to “Ferrari Logistics”, the worldwide leader in transportation of High-end Jewelry & Watches
- The shipping is insured 100% on the value of the watch
- We personally take care of the packaging of the timepieces, in specialized protective boxes
CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY
All of our timepieces are meticulously examined to guarantee that all of their parts are original. Each watch is delivered with an in-house Certificate of Authenticity, stating all relevant information of the timepiece: description, reference, serial number, special features.
- Items are sent fully insured after receipt of funds.
- We accept payments via wire transfer only.
- In case of returns, the client has 3 days from the day of the receipt to contact us, in order to arrange terms and procedures.
- Refunds are provided only if the watch is returned in the exact same conditions which you received , within 3 working days after inspection of the returned item.