The Full set steel Nautilus ref. 3700/1PRICE ON REQUEST
Exceedingly rare steel Patek Philippe Nautilus ref. 3700/1, manufactured in 1977.
Designed by the celebrated Gérald Genta, the Nautilus was launched in 1976 and was in production for less than a decade.
Taking inspiration from a porthole of a ship, the case is constructed via a solid monobloc backcase with a distinctive rounded octagonal bezel secured by four lateral screws to ensure waterproof capabilities of up to 120 meters.
The production of the 3700 was segmented into two main series with early examples (1976-1982) stamped with ref. 3700/1 and later examples (1982-1990) stamped with 3700/11.
Early examples featured a slightly wider bracelet measuring 16mm whilst later examples measured 14mm. The very first examples highlighted dials with small painted baton outer minute tracks.
The steel 3700/1 symbolizes the most rare and coveted Patek Philippe Nautilus reference, and has become one of the most iconic and sought after wristwatch of the late 20th century.
Preserved in superb condition, the present example represents the very first generation of this legendary reference.
It stands out for the untouched condition of the case and the bracelet and the amazing unmistakable black dial.
It is powered by the legendary calibre 28-255 C which was the best ultra-flat automatic movement of the time.
The sought after original Patek Philippe “Certificate of Identity and Guarantee of Origin” and especially the ultra rare Patek Philippe original receipt, greatly increase its desirability, making it the ultimate trophy of Nautilus reference.
You can read more about the history of this extraordinary reference at “The Onlyvintage Magazine”.
Case n: 536xx
Mov n: 1305xxx
Box & Papers: Original Patek Philippe Certificate of Identity and Guarantee of Origin, original Patek Philippe receipt, Extract from the Archives.
Sold in: 1977
For us, the safe delivery of our important timepieces is of utmost importance. With an established and growing clientele all around the world and years of experience, we offer you a 100% secure delivery wherever you are located. We monitor every single aspect of the shipping process of the watch, until it safely arrives at your doorstep.
Kindly keep in mind:
- We entrust the door-to-door delivery of the timepieces to “Ferrari Logistics”, the worldwide leader in transportation of High-end Jewelry & Watches
- The shipping is insured 100% on the value of the watch
- We personally take care of the packaging of the timepieces, in specialized protective boxes
CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY
All of our timepieces are meticulously examined to guarantee that all of their parts are original. Each watch is delivered with an in-house Certificate of Authenticity, stating all relevant information of the timepiece: description, reference, serial number, special features.
- Items are sent fully insured after receipt of funds.
- We accept payments via wire transfer only.
- In case of returns, the client has 3 days from the day of the receipt to contact us, in order to arrange terms and procedures.
- Refunds are provided only if the watch is returned in the exact same conditions which you received , within 3 working days after inspection of the returned item.