The full set gold and steel Turn-O-graph ref. 6202SOLD
Extremely rare example of Rolex 18k gold and steel Turn-O-Graph ref. 6202, manufactured in 1953.
Reference 6202 represents an historical timepiece since it was the first Rolex tool watch ever produced in series and the very first Rolex sport watch to be offered in stainless steel and gold – a more luxurious version compared with the sportier stainless steel model.
Its two tone aesthetic was particularly innovative and audacious for the 1950’s, that’s why it was quickly discontinued and only a dozen example are known to date.
The present specimen is preserved in outstanding condition.
The flawless dial is enhanced by a warm ivory tone and it is enriched by a pleasing mix of Arabic and faceted baton hour markers and beautiful "dauphine” hands.
It features the “Turn-O-Graph” writing above the gently small Rolex crown and “ Officially Certified Chronometer at 6 o’clock position.
The gold bezel with its deep reliefs, is probably the most distinctive element and it creates a wonderful contrast with the steel case.
The case back is engraved with “Model Depose, Registered Design” which is still visible to the naked eye.
The original 18k gold and steel bracelet completes the elegant and sporty allure of the hole watch.
The original Rolex box, the outer box and the Chronometer certificate dated 1954, definitely increase the importance of this highly collectible timepiece.
Moreover - as we can clearly see from the photo - there is a very interesting and surprising detail regarding the serial number engraved between the lugs: Rolex clearly made a mistake during the engraving process and instead of replace the entire case with a new one, they just overlapped the right digit 5 just on top the wrong digit 6…Another evidence confirming the well-known tradition that at Rolex they never threw anything away !
Case n.: 953xxx
Cal.: Automatic, cal. 645
Box & Papers: Accompanied by fitted presentation box and Certificate from the "Bureaux officiels de contrôle de la marche des montres"
Manufactured in: 1953
For us, the safe delivery of our important timepieces is of utmost importance. With an established and growing clientele all around the world and years of experience, we offer you a 100% secure delivery wherever you are located. We monitor every single aspect of the shipping process of the watch, until it safely arrives at your doorstep.
Kindly keep in mind:
- We entrust the door-to-door delivery of the timepieces to “Ferrari Logistics”, the worldwide leader in transportation of High-end Jewelry & Watches
- The shipping is insured 100% on the value of the watch
- We personally take care of the packaging of the timepieces, in specialized protective boxes
CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY
All of our timepieces are meticulously examined to guarantee that all of their parts are original. Each watch is delivered with an in-house Certificate of Authenticity, stating all relevant information of the timepiece: description, reference, serial number, special features.
- Items are sent fully insured after receipt of funds.
- We accept payments via wire transfer only.
- In case of returns, the client has 3 days from the day of the receipt to contact us, in order to arrange terms and procedures.
- Refunds are provided only if the watch is returned in the exact same conditions which you received , within 3 working days after inspection of the returned item.