The steel A7 Avigation ref. 3592SOLD
Extremely rare steel Longines A7 “Avigation” chronograph, manufactured in 1937.
Launched before World War II, these single pusher chronographs were initially produced for aviators only. The dial was set at an angle so the time could be easily read while piloting. Also, a single button pusher incorporated into the crown allowed the pilot to easily start, stop and reset the chronograph.
The Longines “A7 Avigation” name comes from the US Army Air Corps “Type A” designation of many of their issued equipment watches and derives from the conjunction of “Aerial Navigation”. After the war and for a very short period of time, a small production in stainless steel – as the present one – was made for the civilian market as opposed to the chrome-plated military version.
The present stainless steel civilian A7 is preserved in amazing original condition. The black matte dial is enhanced by the gilt writings. The gilt finished movement is superbly preserved. The beauty and rarity of this historical oversized steel Longines chronograph is extraordinary.
Accompanied by the Longines “Extract from the Archives” confirming that this specimen was invoiced on 4th of December 1937 to Hans Erich Lochner in Bathurst Canada, who was at that time a flight captain for the German company Lufthansa.
Serial n.: 5405xxx
Calibre: Manual, cal. 18.72
Accessories: Longines Extract from the Archives
Manufactured in: 1937
For us, the safe delivery of our important timepieces is of utmost importance. With an established and growing clientele all around the world and years of experience, we offer you a 100% secure delivery wherever you are located. We monitor every single aspect of the shipping process of the watch, until it safely arrives at your doorstep.
Kindly keep in mind:
- We entrust the door-to-door delivery of the timepieces to “Ferrari Logistics”, the worldwide leader in transportation of High-end Jewelry & Watches
- The shipping is insured 100% on the value of the watch
- We personally take care of the packaging of the timepieces, in specialized protective boxes
CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY
All of our timepieces are meticulously examined to guarantee that all of their parts are original. Each watch is delivered with an in-house Certificate of Authenticity, stating all relevant information of the timepiece: description, reference, serial number, special features.
- Items are sent fully insured after receipt of funds.
- We accept payments via wire transfer only.
- In case of returns, the client has 3 days from the day of the receipt to contact us, in order to arrange terms and procedures.
- Refunds are provided only if the watch is returned in the exact same conditions which you received , within 3 working days after inspection of the returned item.