The full set steel Weems Second Setting ref. 4356PRICE ON REQUEST
Outstanding and exceedingly rare Longines steel Weems ref. 4356, manufactured in 1940’s.
In the early 1930s, the famous American aviator, Charles Lindbergh, designed the Longines Hour Angle using the Weems system that allowed pilots to quickly determine longitude.
The Weems Second Setting Watch, with a rotating center dial allowing the seconds hand to be synchronized with a reference clock, improved on the Hour Angle.
The present Weems Second Setting watch is possibly the finest example ever appeared .
It was retailed on June 28 1948 to Longines-Wittnauer, the Longines USA agent at the time, in accordance with the ‘LXW’ import code found on the movement.
The oversized 47mm case is in like new condition, probably never worn and certainly never polished. Even the original, unused Longines-signed strap remains fitted.
The white enamel chapter ring dial is in perfect condition and creates a wonderful two tone effect with the rotating center dial.
It is surrounded by a wonderful black “chemin de fer” seconds track and enhanced by black breguet numerals.
This example is accompanied by the original Longines guarantee, product literature, and presentation box.
Rarely do we find a nearly 70-year old timepiece so close to the condition it was when it left the factory.
A true “time capsule” piece, its pristine state of preservation makes it a trophy watch for the connoisseur.
Serial n.: 23xxx
Calibre: Manual, cal. 37.9
Accessories: Original Longines guarantee, product literature and presentation box
Manufactured in: 1940’s
For us, the safe delivery of our important timepieces is of utmost importance. With an established and growing clientele all around the world and years of experience, we offer you a 100% secure delivery wherever you are located. We monitor every single aspect of the shipping process of the watch, until it safely arrives at your doorstep.
Kindly keep in mind:
- We entrust the door-to-door delivery of the timepieces to “Ferrari Logistics”, the worldwide leader in transportation of High-end Jewelry & Watches
- The shipping is insured 100% on the value of the watch
- We personally take care of the packaging of the timepieces, in specialized protective boxes
CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY
All of our timepieces are meticulously examined to guarantee that all of their parts are original. Each watch is delivered with an in-house Certificate of Authenticity, stating all relevant information of the timepiece: description, reference, serial number, special features.
- Items are sent fully insured after receipt of funds.
- We accept payments via wire transfer only.
- In case of returns, the client has 3 days from the day of the receipt to contact us, in order to arrange terms and procedures.
- Refunds are provided only if the watch is returned in the exact same conditions which you received , within 3 working days after inspection of the returned item.