The steel Solunagraph ref. 2446SF retailed by Orvis
Outstanding example of steel Heuer Solunagraph ref. 2446SF, manufactured in 1970’s.
In the 1950’s Heuer introduced a very innovative chronograph that featured a subsidiary tidal indicator register which was used by sailors, fishermen and hunters.
This extraordinary tool watch allowed sailors and fishermen to know low and high tides and hunters to know the most favorable hunting time of the day.
Originally made for Abercombie & Fitch with the name “Seafarer”, Heuer also created its own named version called the “Mareographe” (by the conjunction of “Marée” which means tide in French and “Graph” which means writing in Greek).
The US family-owned retailer Orvis, which was specialized in high-end fly fishing, hunting and sporting goods, also commissioned Heuer for a similar tidal indication chronograph: the “Solunagraph”.
The present example is from the first series and it stands out for its wonderful condition.
It features a superb graphite grey dial which is enhanced by the eye-catching white and blue colored big registers.
The 40mm oversized case features two round chronograph pushers, the winding crown engraved with Heuer’s logo and a third push button on the left-side of the case, used to set the moon-time dial.
Accompanied by the very rare original guarantee.
Calibre: Manual, Valjoux 72
Accessories: original guarantee
Manufactured in: 1970’s
For us, the safe delivery of our important timepieces is of utmost importance. With an established and growing clientele all around the world and years of experience, we offer you a 100% secure delivery wherever you are located. We monitor every single aspect of the shipping process of the watch, until it safely arrives at your doorstep.
Kindly keep in mind:
- We entrust the door-to-door delivery of the timepieces to “Ferrari Logistics”, the worldwide leader in transportation of High-end Jewelry & Watches
- The shipping is insured 100% on the value of the watch
- We personally take care of the packaging of the timepieces, in specialized protective boxes
CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY
All of our timepieces are meticulously examined to guarantee that all of their parts are original. Each watch is delivered with an in-house Certificate of Authenticity, stating all relevant information of the timepiece: description, reference, serial number, special features.
- Items are sent fully insured after receipt of funds.
- We accept payments via wire transfer only.
- In case of returns, the client has 3 days from the day of the receipt to contact us, in order to arrange terms and procedures.
- Refunds are provided only if the watch is returned in the exact same conditions which you received , within 3 working days after inspection of the returned item.