The Red Depth Big Crown Submariner ref. 6538PRICE ON REQUEST
Incredibly rare and earliest Rolex Submariner ref. 6538 manufactured in 1955.
First launched in 1955, reference 6538 was in production for four years only.
It represents one of the very first Submariner made by Rolex and it is now universally recognised as one of the most sought after and legendary vintage sport watch.
Its most spectacular and peculiar feature is the unmistakable Big Crown, an oversized 8mm “Brevet” crown with no guards protection (which were introduced by Rolex in 1959 with reference 5512).
Reference 6538 was also forever immortalized onscreen, having accompanied Sean Connery’s James Bond on multiple secret missions (on films like Dr. No, From Russia with Love and Goldfinger).
That’s why this model is also well known as the mythical "James Bond Submariner”.
The present specimen is one of the rarest and most extraordinary ever appeared.
It represents one of the few very first example produced, with the rarest and hardly seen dial configuration: The Red 200/600 depth rating designation which appeared in the very earliest examples only.
But this timepiece stands out also for its absolutely original condition.
Both the dial and the case have never been touched or restored.
The wonderful gilt chapter ring “Swiss” dial is featuring a charming patina and the radium plots have aged with a warm ivory tone perfectly combined with the gilt Mercedes hands and the seductive seconds lollipop.
Moreover the amazing black bezel is perfectly preserved improving the charisma and desirability of one of the most spectacular and desirable of all Submariners.
Case n.: 490xx
Mov: Automatic, cal. 1030
Box & Papers: none
Manufactured in: 1955
For us, the safe delivery of our important timepieces is of utmost importance. With an established and growing clientele all around the world and years of experience, we offer you a 100% secure delivery wherever you are located. We monitor every single aspect of the shipping process of the watch, until it safely arrives at your doorstep.
Kindly keep in mind:
- We entrust the door-to-door delivery of the timepieces to “Ferrari Logistics”, the worldwide leader in transportation of High-end Jewelry & Watches
- The shipping is insured 100% on the value of the watch
- We personally take care of the packaging of the timepieces, in specialized protective boxes
CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY
All of our timepieces are meticulously examined to guarantee that all of their parts are original. Each watch is delivered with an in-house Certificate of Authenticity, stating all relevant information of the timepiece: description, reference, serial number, special features.
- Items are sent fully insured after receipt of funds.
- We accept payments via wire transfer only.
- In case of returns, the client has 3 days from the day of the receipt to contact us, in order to arrange terms and procedures.
- Refunds are provided only if the watch is returned in the exact same conditions which you received , within 3 working days after inspection of the returned item.