The steel Paul Newman ref. 6241
Outstanding example of steel Daytona “Paul Newman” ref. 6241 manufactured in 1969.
Rolex’s Daytona chronograph sits in the pantheon of the greatest timepieces ever produced.
First released in 1963 with reference 6239, the model has evolved gracefully over the last five decades, and has become a grail watch amongst collectors.
Reference 6241 was produced from 1966 to 1969: no more than 3000 examples were manufactured, with only a small number fitted with the iconic “Paul Newman” dial.
Officially named the “exotic” dial by Rolex and now known worldwide as “Paul Newman” dials, they were poorly received by the market and discontinued at the beginning of the 1970s. Today, Paul Newman Daytonas have become the most coveted vintage chronographs wristwatch.
The style of the Tri-coloured “Paul Newman” dial of reference 6241 is identical to Mr. Newman’s personal ref. 6239, with a distinctive trait that a keen eye may notice: the slanted “T SWISS T” featured in red writing underneath the 6 o’clock position instead of the flat “T SWISS T” featured on the other reference.
Moreover, the cases were produced with two profiles with examples made before 1966 featuring a rounder appearance and the later examples featuring a rather oval appearance.
The present example 6241 is wonderfully preserved, both for its dial and case.
The charming white background of the dial features the red Daytona designation at 6 o’clock position and it creates a perfect harmony with the black and red outer second track and the black acrylic bezel.
The luminous hour markers, which have aged to a sandy yellow hue, are fully intact.
The distinctive round pushers give a final touch of elegance to the whole watch.
It definitely represents an extraordinary opportunity for connoisseurs of exceptional timepieces.
Case n: 2036xxx
Calibre: cal. 722-1
Diameter: 37 mm
Box & Papers: none
Manufactured in: 1969
For us, the safe delivery of our important timepieces is of utmost importance. With an established and growing clientele all around the world and years of experience, we offer you a 100% secure delivery wherever you are located. We monitor every single aspect of the shipping process of the watch, until it safely arrives at your doorstep.
Kindly keep in mind:
- We entrust the door-to-door delivery of the timepieces to “Ferrari Logistics”, the worldwide leader in transportation of High-end Jewelry & Watches
- The shipping is insured 100% on the value of the watch
- We personally take care of the packaging of the timepieces, in specialized protective boxes
CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY
All of our timepieces are meticulously examined to guarantee that all of their parts are original. Each watch is delivered with an in-house Certificate of Authenticity, stating all relevant information of the timepiece: description, reference, serial number, special features.
- Items are sent fully insured after receipt of funds.
- We accept payments via wire transfer only.
- In case of returns, the client has 3 days from the day of the receipt to contact us, in order to arrange terms and procedures.
- Refunds are provided only if the watch is returned in the exact same conditions which you received , within 3 working days after inspection of the returned item.