The steel First generation 2508 retailed by AstruaPRICE ON REQUEST
Outstanding and exceedingly rare steel Rolex chronograph ref. 2508, manufactured in 1936.
Originally launched in the mid 1930s, reference 2508 most notably sports a large, masculine case with a classic “Calatrava” design.
It is amongst the most attractive chronograph models by any brand from this formative era of wristwatch design.
Reference 2508 can be categorized into two different generations: the first one - as the present example - boasting a large 37.2mm case fitted with olive-shape pushers. The second generation was slightly smaller measuring at 35.2mm and was fitted with rectangular pushers. This 2mm difference in diameter may appear small, but the impact on the wrist is impressive.
Only a very small number of these first generation watches were made. The present specimen stands out not only for its amazing condition but for the ultra rare presence of Turin retailer Astrua’s signature on the dial.
The amazing three-tone sector dial is preserved in absolutely original and untouched condition and it spreads an incredible charm thanks to its complicated architecture.
It features an outer blue telemeter scale and an inner spiral tachymeter case, large hour markers and an additional scale with Arabic five-minute combined with baton fifth-of-a-second divisions.
Moreover we can find a three different types of finishing: the centre and outer track of the dial are silvered brushed, the fifth-of-a-second scale lays on a track with a grené finish and a thin bronze metallic track separates it from the telemeter scale.
The blued tone of the hands gracefully gives an additional touch of color to the hole timepiece.
Definitely a unique opportunity to get one of the most rare, beautiful and emblematic Rolex vintage chronograph.
Case n.: 025xxx
Calibre: Manual, Valjoux cal. 22
Diam: 37.2 mm
Box & Papers: None
Manufactured in: 1936
For us, the safe delivery of our important timepieces is of utmost importance. With an established and growing clientele all around the world and years of experience, we offer you a 100% secure delivery wherever you are located. We monitor every single aspect of the shipping process of the watch, until it safely arrives at your doorstep.
Kindly keep in mind:
- We entrust the door-to-door delivery of the timepieces to “Ferrari Logistics”, the worldwide leader in transportation of High-end Jewelry & Watches
- The shipping is insured 100% on the value of the watch
- We personally take care of the packaging of the timepieces, in specialized protective boxes
CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY
All of our timepieces are meticulously examined to guarantee that all of their parts are original. Each watch is delivered with an in-house Certificate of Authenticity, stating all relevant information of the timepiece: description, reference, serial number, special features.
- Items are sent fully insured after receipt of funds.
- We accept payments via wire transfer only.
- In case of returns, the client has 3 days from the day of the receipt to contact us, in order to arrange terms and procedures.
- Refunds are provided only if the watch is returned in the exact same conditions which you received , within 3 working days after inspection of the returned item.