The gilt GMT ref. 1675SOLD
Extremely charming and rare steel Rolex GMT-Master ref. 1675, manufactured in 1962.
Rolex introduced the first GMT-Master in the 1950’s at the beginning of the golden age of air travels: made in cooperation with Pan American Airlines, Reference 6542 was released in 1954 as a tool watch for pilots and sophisticated travellers.
Powered with an amazing blu and red Bakelite bezel, it allowed the traveler to keep track of time both at home and locally.
In 1959 Rolex introduced Reference 1675 with the newly designed 39mm case, featuring crown guards and a metal bezel that replaced the fragile Bakelite one of the previous model.
The essence of the present specimen is found on its extraordinary condition.
The amazing chapter ring dial is impressively well preserved.
The gilt writings and the warm ivory tone of the hands and the indexes, gently arise in harmony with the black background.
Moreover it displays the sought after “Exclamation Mark”: this little point at 6 o’ clock was used by Rolex in 1962 to show that the radiation was adapted to the new Atomic Energy Commission regulations.
Finally the charming tone of the deep blu and red bezel, perfectly frames the hole timepiece.
You can read more about the history of this extraordinary reference at "The Onlyvintage Magazine"
Case n: 696xxx
Caliber: Automatic, cal. 1570
Box & Papers: none
Manufactured in 1962
For us, the safe delivery of our important timepieces is of utmost importance. With an established and growing clientele all around the world and years of experience, we offer you a 100% secure delivery wherever you are located. We monitor every single aspect of the shipping process of the watch, until it safely arrives at your doorstep.
Kindly keep in mind:
- We entrust the door-to-door delivery of the timepieces to “Ferrari Logistics”, the worldwide leader in transportation of High-end Jewelry & Watches
- The shipping is insured 100% on the value of the watch
- We personally take care of the packaging of the timepieces, in specialized protective boxes
CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY
All of our timepieces are meticulously examined to guarantee that all of their parts are original. Each watch is delivered with an in-house Certificate of Authenticity, stating all relevant information of the timepiece: description, reference, serial number, special features.
- Items are sent fully insured after receipt of funds.
- We accept payments via wire transfer only.
- In case of returns, the client has 3 days from the day of the receipt to contact us, in order to arrange terms and procedures.
- Refunds are provided only if the watch is returned in the exact same conditions which you received , within 3 working days after inspection of the returned item.