The steel Pre-Daytona ref. 6238SOLD
Very rare example of steel Rolex Pre-Daytona ref. 6238, manufactured in 1968.
Reference 6238 is known as the “Pre-Daytona” since it represents the last chronograph model made before the first Daytona, the legendary reference 6239.
Due to its unique features it can either be considered the last classic Rolex chronograph or the very first of the modern ones.
Produced in steel or yellow gold cases, it represents the last Rolex chronograph to feature a plain bezel, an inner graduate tachymeter scale and the registers of the same color of the dial.
The present 6238 example is preserved in excellent unrestored condition.
The sunburst grey dial with its monochromatic features, create a vivid modern appearance to the whole watch.
The naturally aged luminous dots are all intact and give a pleasant touch of color to the dial.
It certainly represents one of the best example of a pure and understated elegance.
You can read more about the history of this extraordinary reference on the Magazine.
Case n. : 1.934xxx
Cal.: Manual, cal. 722
Box & Papers: none
Manufactured in: 1968
For us, the safe delivery of our important timepieces is of utmost importance. With an established and growing clientele all around the world and years of experience, we offer you a 100% secure delivery wherever you are located. We monitor every single aspect of the shipping process of the watch, until it safely arrives at your doorstep.
Kindly keep in mind:
- We entrust the door-to-door delivery of the timepieces to “Ferrari Logistics”, the worldwide leader in transportation of High-end Jewelry & Watches
- The shipping is insured 100% on the value of the watch
- We personally take care of the packaging of the timepieces, in specialized protective boxes
CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY
All of our timepieces are meticulously examined to guarantee that all of their parts are original. Each watch is delivered with an in-house Certificate of Authenticity, stating all relevant information of the timepiece: description, reference, serial number, special features.
- Items are sent fully insured after receipt of funds.
- We accept payments via wire transfer only.
- In case of returns, the client has 3 days from the day of the receipt to contact us, in order to arrange terms and procedures.
- Refunds are provided only if the watch is returned in the exact same conditions which you received , within 3 working days after inspection of the returned item.