The tropical Memovox Polaris ref. E859SOLD
Very rare and attractive steel Jaeger-LeCoultre ref. E859, manufactured in 1968.
In 1950, Jaeger-LeCoultre introduced the Memovox, the firm’s first wristwatch featuring an alarm.
The model rapidly became one of the most desirable and reliable alarm wristwatches and in 1959 the brand decided to make a diver’s version.
Known in the United States as the Polaris, and in the European market as the Skin Diver Memovox, Reference E859 - as the present example - offered both visual (inner bezel) and auditory (alarm) timers for ultimate diver safety.
To do so, the firm created a patented caseback which optimized the alarm’s sound transmission under water. The outer case, with its 16 holes, allowed for the alarm tone to be heard and also felt on the wrist, while the inner case sealed and protected the movement.
The watch featured three crowns, each with the cross hatch pattern characteristic of Super Compressor watches: the first for time setting, the second to rotate the inner bezel for dive timing and the third to rotate the inner disc with an arrow to set the alarm.
The present example, stands out for its excellent condition and its incredibly attractive dial.
The central chapter ring has aged in a wonderful chocolate brown tone which crates a unique contrast with the warm ivory tone of the indexes and the deep black surface of the inner disc alarm and the inner dive timing bezel.
The oversized 41mm case, with its distinctive 3 big crowns on the right side, is preserved in untouched condition.
The inner case back features the Swiss Made Compressor Brevet logo as well as the serial and reference numbers and the year of production.
Definitely a vibrant and elegant example of Jaeger-LeCoultre's mastery of timeless creation.
Case n: 1128xxx
Calibre: Automatic, K825
Box & Papers : none
Manufactured in: 1968
For us, the safe delivery of our important timepieces is of utmost importance. With an established and growing clientele all around the world and years of experience, we offer you a 100% secure delivery wherever you are located. We monitor every single aspect of the shipping process of the watch, until it safely arrives at your doorstep.
Kindly keep in mind:
- We entrust the door-to-door delivery of the timepieces to “Ferrari Logistics”, the worldwide leader in transportation of High-end Jewelry & Watches
- The shipping is insured 100% on the value of the watch
- We personally take care of the packaging of the timepieces, in specialized protective boxes
CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY
All of our timepieces are meticulously examined to guarantee that all of their parts are original. Each watch is delivered with an in-house Certificate of Authenticity, stating all relevant information of the timepiece: description, reference, serial number, special features.
- Items are sent fully insured after receipt of funds.
- We accept payments via wire transfer only.
- In case of returns, the client has 3 days from the day of the receipt to contact us, in order to arrange terms and procedures.
- Refunds are provided only if the watch is returned in the exact same conditions which you received , within 3 working days after inspection of the returned item.