The steel flyback Type XX chronographSOLD
Breathtaking example of steel Breguet Type XX, sold in 1978.
Introduced in the 1950s, the Type XX chronograph was commissioned by the French government seeking a more accurate timekeeper for both their Navy and Air Force.
They sought a multipurpose chronograph wristwatch with flyback function, which allowed the user to quickly reset and restart the chronograph from a single push of a button on the case. Because pilots flew by dead reckoning, they needed instantaneous timekeeping in order not to fly off course.
The ‘Type’ designation was not a specific model name for a particular brand, but rather a specification commissioned by the French government, which several brands provided. Breguet’s “Type XX” became the best known of these military chronographs.
In the early 1970s Breguet submitted a proposal for a new generation of military chronographs, keeping with the original Type XX’s large Arabic numerals and flyback function but with a different case design with larger diameter and thicker lugs and a black rotating bezel for greater legibility.
It is believed that only a very low number of watches were delivered the French forces, the vast majority being in sold by Breguet to civilians.
The present second generation Type XX stands out for its absolutely flawless condition. The deep black of the dial is enriched by the warm ivory tone of the arabic numerals and the hands.
The white graphics in the seconds track and the registers along with the Breguet signature creates a powerful contrast with the black background.
The untouched case in enhanced by its strong squared lugs and is surrounded by the wonderful immaculate black bezel.
Accompanied by Breguet Certificate of Authenticity.
Case n. : B21xxx
Mov: Manual, cal. 725
Box and papers: Breguet Certificate of Authenticity
Sold in: 1978
For us, the safe delivery of our important timepieces is of utmost importance. With an established and growing clientele all around the world and years of experience, we offer you a 100% secure delivery wherever you are located. We monitor every single aspect of the shipping process of the watch, until it safely arrives at your doorstep.
Kindly keep in mind:
- We entrust the door-to-door delivery of the timepieces to “Ferrari Logistics”, the worldwide leader in transportation of High-end Jewelry & Watches
- The shipping is insured 100% on the value of the watch
- We personally take care of the packaging of the timepieces, in specialized protective boxes
CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY
All of our timepieces are meticulously examined to guarantee that all of their parts are original. Each watch is delivered with an in-house Certificate of Authenticity, stating all relevant information of the timepiece: description, reference, serial number, special features.
- Items are sent fully insured after receipt of funds.
- We accept payments via wire transfer only.
- In case of returns, the client has 3 days from the day of the receipt to contact us, in order to arrange terms and procedures.
- Refunds are provided only if the watch is returned in the exact same conditions which you received , within 3 working days after inspection of the returned item.