The steel chocolate brown chronograph Type XXPRICE ON REQUEST
Extremely rare and stunning example of steel Breguet Chronograph Type XX, manufactured in 1962.
Breguet’s Type XX was delivered to the pilots of French naval forces beginning in the mid-1950s.
Commissioned by the French Ministry of Defense, they sought a multipurpose chronograph wristwatch with flyback function, which allowed the pilot to quickly reset and restart the chronograph instantaneously to aide in navigation.
The “type” designation was not a specific model name for a particular brand, but rather it was the project code used by the French Ministry of Defense to define the specifications, which were presented to several watch brands including Breguet.
These included a black dial with easily readable Arabic luminous numerals, a 38mm diameter case with screw back for water-resistance, a bi-directional rotating bezel and accuracy to within eight seconds a day.
Breguet’s “Type XX” became the best known of these military chronograph watches.
The present Breguet Type XX is preserved in spectacular condition.
The case-back features bold case number engraving, with beautifully brushed finishing throughout the sides of the case as well.
The “Big Eye” dial configuration features an oversized 15-minute chronograph register. Furthermore, the dial has aged to a lovely shade of mocha and features large luminous Arabic hour markers and its original luminous hands. At half a century old, it is an extremely rare Type XX wristwatch variant due to its rotating metal bezel.
The robust 38mm case with screw-down caseback houses the Valjoux caliber 222 featuring the ultra-desirable flyback function, and protected by the original dust cover.
This complication provided improved accuracy for aviators by no longer requiring the wearer to use the stop function prior to resetting the chronograph.
Accompanied by Breguet’s original Certificate.
Case n.: 51xx
Cal. : Manual, cal. Valjoux 222
Diam. : 38mm
Box & Papers: Breguet original Certificate
Manufactured in: 1962
For us, the safe delivery of our important timepieces is of utmost importance. With an established and growing clientele all around the world and years of experience, we offer you a 100% secure delivery wherever you are located. We monitor every single aspect of the shipping process of the watch, until it safely arrives at your doorstep.
Kindly keep in mind:
- We entrust the door-to-door delivery of the timepieces to “Ferrari Logistics”, the worldwide leader in transportation of High-end Jewelry & Watches
- The shipping is insured 100% on the value of the watch
- We personally take care of the packaging of the timepieces, in specialized protective boxes
CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY
All of our timepieces are meticulously examined to guarantee that all of their parts are original. Each watch is delivered with an in-house Certificate of Authenticity, stating all relevant information of the timepiece: description, reference, serial number, special features.
- Items are sent fully insured after receipt of funds.
- We accept payments via wire transfer only.
- In case of returns, the client has 3 days from the day of the receipt to contact us, in order to arrange terms and procedures.
- Refunds are provided only if the watch is returned in the exact same conditions which you received , within 3 working days after inspection of the returned item.