The Platinum Tonneau ref. 2435E
Very attractive example of platinum Cartier Tonneau ref. 2435, manufactured in 2008.
There are few names that rival Cartier’s in terms of lavish lifestyle and Parisian chic.
Louis Cartier was the first to set the design codes of the wristwatch from the perspective of a jeweller.
A pioneer of his time, he believed the beauty of a watch was not just a matter of its decoration, creating icons such as the Tank and Santos in the earliest years of the 20th century.
The size, shape and proportions, the look of the metal and the harmony between bracelet and case were just as important.
He soon became interested in "shaped watches", those with a case that broke away from the traditional round design.
Originally introduced in 1906, the Cartier Tonneau is a barrel-shaped wristwatch precursory to tastes of the Art Deco era that would soon follow.
Both bold and proportionally ideal, today’s Tonneau remains one of the most iconic and elegant timepieces, retaining its original grandeur parallel to its predecessors.
The present example from circa 2000 is a modern interpretation of the acclaimed barrel-shaped model.
Encased in platinum, the silvered guilloche dial with painted black Roman numerals are an instant classic.
Accompanied by Cartier original box and Certificate.
It definitely represents a great example of timeless elegance.
Case n.: 00xxAF
Cal. : Manual, cal. 060MC
Dim. : 26mm width x 46mm length
Box & Papers: Box and Carter Certificate
Sold in: 2008
Price: 23.500,00 Euros ( + 20% VAT for buyers domiciled in the European Union)
For us, the safe delivery of our important timepieces is of utmost importance. With an established and growing clientele all around the world and years of experience, we offer you a 100% secure delivery wherever you are located. We monitor every single aspect of the shipping process of the watch, until it safely arrives at your doorstep.
Kindly keep in mind:
- We entrust the door-to-door delivery of the timepieces to “Ferrari Logistics”, the worldwide leader in transportation of High-end Jewelry & Watches
- The shipping is insured 100% on the value of the watch
- We personally take care of the packaging of the timepieces, in specialized protective boxes
CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY
All of our timepieces are meticulously examined to guarantee that all of their parts are original. Each watch is delivered with an in-house Certificate of Authenticity, stating all relevant information of the timepiece: description, reference, serial number, special features.
- Items are sent fully insured after receipt of funds.
- We accept payments via wire transfer only.
- In case of returns, the client has 3 days from the day of the receipt to contact us, in order to arrange terms and procedures.
- Refunds are provided only if the watch is returned in the exact same conditions which you received , within 3 working days after inspection of the returned item.