The Pink Gold Grand Complication Destriero Scafusia ref. IW186814PRICE ON REQUEST
Extraordinary 18k pink gold IWC Grande Complication Destriero Scafusia, manufactured in 1990’s.
In 1985, in the midst of the quartz crisis, IWC set out to create what would be its first “grande complication” wristwatch and one of the world’s most complicated timepieces: a wristwatch featuring a perpetual calendar, a chronograph and a minute repeater.
A team of watchmakers and engineers was assembled to create IWC’s grande complication.
After five years of painstaking development and 12 individual patents, this horological masterpiece was officially presented at the Basel fair in 1990.
Each of the 659 individual components were manufactured and assembled in house and power 18 functions and complications: hour, minute and seconds displays, moon phase, month, day and date displays, perpetual calendar, indication of year, decade, century and millennium, chronograph seconds counter, chronograph minutes counter, chronograph hours counter, minute repeater, quarter repeater and hour repeater.
The present pink gold example is the n. 5 of a limited production of 125 pieces, one of the very first examples produced.
The “Destriero Scafusia" was within the very first ultra complicated wristwatches featuring a minute repeater function, moon phase indicator, square button split-seconds chronograph, secular perpetual calendar and flying one-minute tourbillon regulator.
Preserved in immaculate original condition it is also enriched by its original 18k pink gold IWC buckle and IWC black crocodile strap.
Mov: Automatic, cal. 1868
Box and papers: None
Manufactured in: 1990’s
For us, the safe delivery of our important timepieces is of utmost importance. With an established and growing clientele all around the world and years of experience, we offer you a 100% secure delivery wherever you are located. We monitor every single aspect of the shipping process of the watch, until it safely arrives at your doorstep.
Kindly keep in mind:
- We entrust the door-to-door delivery of the timepieces to “Ferrari Logistics”, the worldwide leader in transportation of High-end Jewelry & Watches
- The shipping is insured 100% on the value of the watch
- We personally take care of the packaging of the timepieces, in specialized protective boxes
CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY
All of our timepieces are meticulously examined to guarantee that all of their parts are original. Each watch is delivered with an in-house Certificate of Authenticity, stating all relevant information of the timepiece: description, reference, serial number, special features.
- Items are sent fully insured after receipt of funds.
- We accept payments via wire transfer only.
- In case of returns, the client has 3 days from the day of the receipt to contact us, in order to arrange terms and procedures.
- Refunds are provided only if the watch is returned in the exact same conditions which you received , within 3 working days after inspection of the returned item.