The steel Royal Oak ref. 15002
Extremely rare steel Audemars Piguet “Royal Oak” ref. 15002, manufactured in 1997.
The Royal Oak reference 15002 is an extremely elusive piece that has graced the auction market on only a handful of occasions in the past years.
Launched in 1996, it is in many manners similar to the original Royal Oak reference 5402 with its 39mm case, slim profile, tapisserie dial.
It houses the extra thin automatic cal 2121 and even has a closed caseback with the case number on the back.
Due to these similarities, reference 15002 could even be mistaken for a reference 5402 D series as both have the same dial configuration.
According to scholarship, only 186 pieces in stainless steel were ever made (as well as 27 in yellow gold) making the present example number 084 one of the earliest models.
Preserved in overall excellent condition with sharp bevels and angles to the case and bezel and a very clean crisp dial, the present reference 15002 offers an incredible opportunity to own one of the rarest steel “Jumbo” Royal Oak models ever made.
Case n.: D-67'705 further engraved 084
Calibre: Automatic, cal. 2121
Box & Papers:Accompanied by Audemars Piguet Extrait de Registre confirming registration of the watch on 26 February 1997, service invoice dated 25 October 2019, credit card receipt and guaranty card.
Manufactured in: 1997
Provenance: Phillips - The Geneva Watch Auction XIV - 5/17 November 2021
For us, the safe delivery of our important timepieces is of utmost importance. With an established and growing clientele all around the world and years of experience, we offer you a 100% secure delivery wherever you are located. We monitor every single aspect of the shipping process of the watch, until it safely arrives at your doorstep.
Kindly keep in mind:
- We entrust the door-to-door delivery of the timepieces to “Ferrari Logistics”, the worldwide leader in transportation of High-end Jewelry & Watches
- The shipping is insured 100% on the value of the watch
- We personally take care of the packaging of the timepieces, in specialized protective boxes
CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY
All of our timepieces are meticulously examined to guarantee that all of their parts are original. Each watch is delivered with an in-house Certificate of Authenticity, stating all relevant information of the timepiece: description, reference, serial number, special features.
- Items are sent fully insured after receipt of funds.
- We accept payments via wire transfer only.
- In case of returns, the client has 3 days from the day of the receipt to contact us, in order to arrange terms and procedures.
- Refunds are provided only if the watch is returned in the exact same conditions which you received , within 3 working days after inspection of the returned item.